New Years Babble!
So I don’t think either pup is going to make it to midnight :) Gizmo had a busy day of running around and playing and Widget was forced to endure her biggest (and likely only) fear…The Pet Store.
All the cool kids are making a 2012 summary blog and I figured why not. Live dangerously! I couldn’t get the read more option to work right, so WOO HOO LONG POST!
- The earlier part of the year was pretty quiet, which after moving from MD to NC, working as an IT contractor, and being unemployed for a bit was a welcome change.
- I paid off the last of my car loan making me officially 100% out of debt for the first time since I graduated college! :D
- During my stay in the hospital I was given all sorts of pain meds and learned that I say some unique and terrible things. This would be a bad thing, but the stories I was told once my head cleared were pretty damn amazing.
- We started looking into houses and because I am particular about my kitchens, the hunt continues (though hopefully soon to end.)
- I finally achieved my weight goal and successfully lost about 1/3 of my total weight. Nothing quite as satisfying as trying on your wedding dress from 4 years ago only to be swimming in it!! :D
- A very good friend of mine from high school had a beautiful wedding and I was honored to have been her MOH!
- I found an amazing dentist. I’ve struggled with dentists my whole life and have had several teeth damaged or destroyed due to poor dentistry.
- I quit my job at Duke and started working IT at UNC. Got to say, being an employee of the state has been awesome so far.
- Met some really awesome new people between contractors coming in at work and starting a new job. I’ve been trying to be less of a hermit and get out more with friends.
- No apocalypse (un-surprisingly)! However we did have a lot of hilarious IT warnings for the possible end of the universe/world. I love my job!! :D
- Though it was incredibly difficult and she really had me worried for a while, Widget is becoming well behaved. This may have been my biggest relief of the year. I was really upset at the idea of her having to live in a crate unless we were watching her diligently. I was at the end of my rope and then, suddenly, it was like something clicked a few weeks ago and she has been amazing ever since. Not a single accident, nothing destroyed when I leave. She even gets to sleep in bed with us now, calmly and snuggly. I’m so proud of my little Widgers even if you were such a ridiculous little hellion for the last 1.5 years. <3
The not so awesome:
- My newly-acquired dentist discovered that my previous dentist not only botched a root canal, but left multiple pieces of file in my tooth without informing me. This turned out to be the cause of multiple infections and a pretty major loss of jaw bone.
- A few days after I paid off my car I was sent to the ER for a bone infection in my hand. The thought of possibly losing part of my dominant hand was pretty freakin’ scary. One very expensive surgery, hospital stay, and several rounds of PT later I have regained 95% of the use of my hand again and only slight nerve damage! :D
- Widget was such a terrible little puppy OMG. The tears I shed over this dog. She was such a little ass. My goodness!!!
- Unfortunately I found that I misjudged a friendship that was very important to me. I’m glad to see they are happier now but I can’t help thinking I was always dragging them down.
- My pinky cost me several thousands of dollars and I am still waiting on the final bill from the hospital. I hate hospital billing. >:/
2012 was a ridiculous roller coaster for me and I am happy to be here, healthy, and surrounded by the people (and puppers!) that matter most to me. I’m planning to have an amazing 2013 and refuse to accept anything less. When we get our house, maybe we’ll even celebrate by adding a much wanted 3rd addition to our family. ;) I saw this little one below online and while she is terribly mis-marked OMG SHE IS SO ADOOOOOORABLE! I think the badass stripes might make me love her more.